Pages

July 23, 2010

Thanks Marc Jacobs

"What strikes me as so appealing nowadays is seeing the woman as opposed to the outfit." -MARC JACOBS

A while back I had a conversation with my dear friend, Marie, about how I feel like I have no style because I'm so simple when it comes to "fashion." The Marc Jacobs quote from InStyle magazine made me feel a whole lot better.

Also, I've only used a straightener/blow dryer/curling iron on my hair two times in the last three months. It was refreshing to read these quotes from the same InStyle issue from Gossip Girl star, Leighton Meester:

"In my normal life I don't even really wear makeup. I'll just use a little cheek stain, curl my lashes, and put on some lip balm and sunscreen."

"On days off I wash my hair and let it air-dry. I've completely forgotten how to use hot tools."

I guess I'll start embracing my simplicity. :]

4 comments:

Lane said...

it is your simplicity that makes you rich with depth.

Laurisha said...

I've always found your natural hair to be beautiful.

Elegance does not consist in putting on a new dress.
-Coco Chanel

“Over the years I have learned that what is important in a dress is the woman who is wearing it.”
-Yves Saint Laurent

Koree said...

aww that's really refreshing to hear something like that from a fashion icon. i think i'll take on simplicity as well. :)

Unknown said...

Girl you know you are gorgeous no matter what. I love your hair wavy and un-straightened. So does Lukie I bet ;-)